MTaur

MTaur
MTaur

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sword of the Stars: the Pit - first win on Normal

Well, I won with Scout, unexpectedly.  Just thought I'd try a run, and I had unusually good drops on floors 1-12, and I just rode it out from there.  Humans can wear all the best gear, more or less, and on Normal, it's not that dangerous if you don't run out of top-tier armor and melee weapons, as long as you have enough ammo and big guns for special occasions.  After you get claws, chitin plate, and a few lasers, you're in good shape, though a shotgun and various backup weapons can help a lot too.  It really makes me wonder what a late-game Striker is even supposed to do... RG Special and Psi Armor, and pray for two Star Lances?

I think I like having Mecha Empathy on Scout, and a pool of 200 Psi is worth aiming for.  She can afford the skill points, she can afford to rest often, and you can basically one-shot everything in a mech room in the turns after casting Sabotage.

That is all for now.  I might make videos whenever I get around to my next run, because I have a few newly-made characters starting at Floor 5 with some locker goods, and I thought a locker room video for comparison could be interesting.  An extra sandwich or five for the Angry Bird could help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment